Friday, January 16, 2009

Still Alive

Just to clarify things, I am not dead, or have I been eaten by a shark or anything, so for those who e-mailed me, thanks for the concerns.  

The past few days have been hectic.  There have been multiple barbecues, parties at the pool, a movie under the stars, all night parties, and a few days lounging on the beach to occupy my time. Life here is obviously tough.  The life here seems like a vacation/spring break wrapped into 5 days.  Things should be different once classes start on Monday.

As of right now, it is the coldest it has been since I have arrived at a chilling 77 degrees at 3 PM. Today was supposed to be the official Bond beach day, but rain and clouds put a damper on those plans.  I was going to take a surfing lesson with some friends, but the waves and wind were too strong for beginners.  Instead, we went to Pacific Fair just to walk around and get some groceries.  

The other day I ran into a snag with my credit card.  For about a day I was without money other than $2.40 which was just enough for a bus transfer back to school.  This happened even though the credit card company was notified I would be overseas, but they blocked my card anyway.

Time to grab some food and stay low key for the rest of the night.  It has been nice to relax finally and just chill for a bit.  Once classes start the party will be over for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment