Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bond Week

Hello from Australia!  It is now about 5 PM and I just woke up form a little nap.  This morning was a little crazy trying to get my new student I.D., pay for the activities throughout Bond Week (orientation week), and then setting up my school email address.  It is matthew.johnson@student.bond.edu.au, but I will be using my gmail account still.

So I woke up this morning at around 7 and couldn't fall back asleep.  I had to meet Christian and Alex at around 9 to head to campus and we thought we would go over, get our stuff done, and get out.  This did not happen.  A line about 800 new students deep greeted us when we turned into the main circle.  After waiting about 15 minutes in 80 degree heat, we were told that if we had already singed up for classes, we could skip the line and go directly to the I.D. line which was much shorter.  After a few more lines, I finally got my I.D. and then set up my internet account.

In the lines, I met some more people.  Most of them were from the U.S., Boston surprisingly enough, and Jorge from Mexico City.  We then moved on to sign up for a gym membership, school information, buy a mobile phone, and then sign up for the Bond Week festivities.  

After all of the lines, we stopped by one of the dining facilities on campus for some lunch.  I passed over the kangaroo sandwich for maybe the last time for a turkey club.  It was good and had two fried eggs included on the sandwich.  

Now it is time to get ready for the first official Bond Week activity, Aussie Party.  This will consist of a BBQ, party at Don's Tavern on campus, and then a trip, beginning at 12 AM, to The Platinum, a bar in Surfers Paradise.  This should be a fun night and a good chance to meet even more people.  Whelp, see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment