Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking around

After not unpacking but setting up my internet connection, I went for a walk/bus ride to get some essentials.  The bus fare is $3 AUD roundtrip and brought me to Robina Towne Centre which is only about 5 minutes away.  I found my way into a K-Mart for soap, shampoo, etc. and then to get a small blanket because my air conditioning is pretty strong (sorry northeast people).  

Once I got back I decided it was time to unpack.  I have a pretty big closet and a dresser made out of wires, if you can imagine that, and enough space for everything I have.

I am staying at a place called Varsity Towers in Robina, Queensland, and have a great apartment. It is a studio on the third floor of the building with a balcony overlooking Lake Orr and the Bond University Campus at sunset.  

It is weird to not have a car for the first time since 2003 so getting around is all on foot or the previously mentioned bus.  I found myself getting hungry, rightfully so because I had not eaten for about 9 hours, so I decided to go find some.  I ended up taking a 5 minute walk to a local pizza place across from my apartment complex. 

After eating, I decided 9 PM local time was a good time to finally sleep.

Day 1 in the books.  

Getting lost in town tomorrow is on the docket.  Should be fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment