Sunday, January 18, 2009

Missed conncection

Today was the first day of classes at the University, and I thought it would be the first day for me as well.  My schedule said that I had a class today at 10 AM, but when I got there, there were three people standing outside of a locked room.  We later found out that our class was moved to FRIDAY!!! because there were only 11 people enrolled, and to have two sections of the class, more than 15 would have to be enrolled.  So it kind of stunk to wake up early with the anticipation of the first day, and then to have somebody tell you to go home.  I mean going back to relax one more day was nice, but now I have two classes on Friday, instead of none.  Oh well.

Yesterday  was a great day.  I went to Dreamworld, which is a theme park, with Alisha and Haley.  We had a great time riding some roller-coasters,  getting drenched in the water park, petting kangaroos, and holding koala bears.  The koala bears were cool to be so close to.  They are not as soft as one would think, and their claws are extremely sharp.  Because it was a bit overcast, the lines for rides were at max. 20 minutes, but it was a chilly 70 degrees.  We got to see the feeding of a 20 foot alligator, and pet a baby tiger.  All in all it was a fun day (other than freezing in again the 70 degree weather).  

I also tried vegemite the other day.  It is an Australian yeast based spread for crackers and bread.  I will just say that I tried it and will never have it again.  I'm getting sick just thinking about it again.

Well it is off to lunch and then the gym, then who knows.  The spontaneity of people down here is fantastic.  I will leave you with some Australian slang terms that I find interesting/funny:

Fairy floss = cotton candy
head = let's go
how you going? = how are you
dodgy = uneasy/sketchy

No comments:

Post a Comment