Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday...

Today, Jorge and I took a small trip to Burleigh Heads Beach.  It was about a 45 minute bus ride, but it was worth every minute of the ride.  The beach was amazing, and the water was warm and calm in the swimming section, but amazing for surfers in their designated area.  We only had a few hours there, but we enjoyed the sun, and actually bought cheap skim boards for future adventures.  Skim boards are kind of like boogey boards, but they are not used primarily on waves, but on the wash out once the wave dies.  You basically "skim" across the shallow water similar to surfing hence the name skim board.  
After we left, Jorge, James, and I went rowing with the rowing club on campus.  We rowed for about 2 hours.  It was my first time rowing, and I found it incredibly hard to pick up.  I still haven't actually.  Once back on land, we ate dinner, and now I am here.  It was a long day, full of sun, sand, and rowing, but it was a great day.  Now it is off to bed to prepare for yet another week in paradise.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment