Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day of firsts...

Today was the first sunny day in three days, and I was able to take advantage of it.  Christian, Jorge, Ford, and I rented a car and headed to Coolangatta for a day away from campus.  I was the one driving, and it was a bit strange driving on the opposite side of the road, but we made it there and back safely, with only a few dodgy moments.  We brought our skim boards and had a blast.  Coolangatta is due south of Robina about 30 minutes, but the drive didn't seem that long.  The beach was amazing, and the water for boarding was fantastic.  We met up with a few of our girl friends randomly on the beach, and just chilled out.  

After about two hours of boarding, we had a search for food.  From what we have heard, Coolangatta has a wide variety of foods to try, and we did just that.  We went to a place called Outback Jacks and indulged in some crocodile and kangaroo.  Crocodile looked similar to chicken, and kangaroo looked basically like steak.  They were both pretty tough and had strange tastes, but now I can say I have eaten both.  I hope to have kangaroo again, but I will pass on the croc.

It's now about 7 p.m. and I am exhausted from the day in the sun, but also from a crazy night Saturday.  Goodnight from Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment