Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Brushfires...

Thank you for all the concerns through email and facebook about my safety regarding the brushfires that have consumed about 3,000 square km of land in Victoria.  I am in no harm where I am currently located, about 20 hours north, but many of the students on campus have been personally affected by the deadly blazes.  The news has reported that 180 people have been confirmed dead, with more to be named, by a fire now believed to have been set by an arsonist. The fire is the most deadly brushfire in the history of Australia.  I have heard that the school is going to send some folks down to Victoria for the cleanup effort, and I will most likely go to help if I get a chance.  I will keep you posted with the aftermath of this sad story...

No comments:

Post a Comment