Sunday, February 8, 2009

a crazy week...






First off, sorry I haven't posted in almost a week.  Things have been crazy!  It is still bright, sunny, and beautiful here so don't panic!

The week started off with classes and homework.  There are always reminders of the real reason I am living in paradise.  The classes are actually pretty interesting and quite demanding.

Wednesday found the next episode in Res Wars... Ultimate Frisbee!  For this installment of the war, we were brought to the rugby fields and quickly segregated ourselves into our teams, trying hard to not interact with the other sides as a show of, for a lack of better terminology, being poor sports.  We had to break up the team into two groups which wasn't too bad because our team destroys anyway.  To start the night, only 10 people (six guys) could be on the field at once, and since the girls from our team decided to not show up until later in the night, both groups played down at least 3 players to begin.  Despite the lack of players, my team dominated our bracket (going undefeated), and landed in the championship game.  Before the game however, the best player of the night was named, and once again, the best player on the best team didn't win the award.  Not to sound cocky or like a bad sport (my friend actually won so I was okay I didn't win), the consensus from every team was that I should have won, but the referees decided Lee was the best so they gave it to him.  Oh well.  My team ended up winning the championship game for the second week in a row so all was forgotten.  Next week is trivia, so the competitive juices won't be flowing as high.

On Thursday, there was a party on campus called Palaver.  We started at the bar on campus, and the theme of the night was Las Vegas.  There were table games all over the bar, and the atmosphere was great.  The night then went to Surfers Paradise and the craziness continued.  It was fun, but that scene is starting to wear on me.

Friday was a dull day.  I had a 4 hours class, and then I basically slept the rest of the day.  It was nice to just relax and not have anything to worry about.  I did manage to drag myself to the pool for a few hours to swim and sun with my friends.  Again, it is a tough life.

Saturday came quickly because I was sleeping for most of it.  I had a soccer game against the United Nations team.  They are supposedly one of the better teams in the school, as it seems most teams are dubbed that, but we beat them pretty soundly.  The 2-1 score was not indicative of the way we dominated the game.  About 30 minutes after I got back to my room, a group of us headed into Brisbane for our friend Scott's birthday celebration.  We jumped on a bus, and then a train to get into the city.  When we arrived, we actually only saw the birthday boy for about an hour because we were wandering around the city getting lost.  We finally met up with some other friends and had some dinner.  After some more wandering, we decided it was time to leave so we just caught a train and headed back to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment