Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bungee?


Hello from Robina!  

This week has flown by!  Classes were the usual fun times they always tend to be, but everything else has been amazing.  It had rained a bit over the first half of the week, but it has be nothing but sunny for two days, and helps me appreciate the sun and warmth.  Res wars didn't go as expected AGAIN!  We played netball, a women-dominated sport in Australia, and got smoked in the final round.  That is a two week losing streak, and it is unacceptable.  Next week is touch football so I think we will get back on the winning side very soon.

Thursday I didn't have a tutorial because of the mid-term on Tuesday, but a few classmates and my professor got together or lunch and a few beers to chat about sport, and life in Australia.  I had a great time, and was able to get to know a few of the kids in my class a bit better. Everybody is still so open and receptive to new people from all over the world, and it remains refreshing to know preconceived notions are checked at the airport.  After "class", I met up with a friend at the pool and just relaxed the day and week away.  Later that night, I made the 1o minute trek to B-Block (my adopted home) to watch a movie and further relax.

Friday morning came with good news from the states.  My oldest cousin (but not too old) gave birth to her first child Henry Johnson Weintraub!  Life is a beautiful thing, and I cannot be any more happy for them!  
Later that night, I had a few people over to my apartment for some drinks and to hang out.  Life here is tough.

Today was supposed to be the day for bungee jumping, but at the eleventh-hour, the plans fell through.  I'm sure my mother whenever she reads this will be ecstatic that we didn't go, but Mom, I am going at some point :)  The closest place to jump is about 25 minutes away in Surfers Paradise, and drops you from 40 meters to the earth.  I have lived in a ghetto for two years, gone sky diving twice, worn a Red Sox hat in Yankee Stadium, pet a tiger, but I can honestly say that I am more scared of bungee jumping than any of those activities combined. Actually, the word I am looking for is TERRIFIED, but I have to do it.  I know you all have figured it out already, but I think there might be something wrong with me...

Tomorrow we are heading to a water park and it couldn't come on a better forecasted day.  It is supposed to be 32 degrees (90 Fahrenheit) and crystal clear.  It should be a lot of fun. 

Well that's it for now.  As I turn my calendar to March, I am starting to really miss everybody from back home.  It has been at least two months since I have seen some of you, and some obviously much greater than that.  I officially have 71 days left here and that fact is sad, but I'm looking forward to be back home.  Goodnight from Paradise.........

No comments:

Post a Comment