Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rain? Are you serious? Really?

So I eventually got to see Slumdog Millionaire and I found it amazing!  The acting was fantastic, and the story was inspiring.  I went with Jorge and Pat and had a fun time dissecting the film afterward.  To give you a visual on Jorge for those of you who don't have facebook, he looks like Jamal from the movie to some extent.  He claims he doesn't, but deep down he knows he does. Honestly though, I enjoyed 99% of the picture.  Everything was great until the ending credits when for some awful reason, the director/editors stuck that stupid, pointless, senseless music video/dance sequence in.  What was that about?  Sorry if that is a spoiler alert, but if you go to see it, leave or close your eyes before the credits roll.  And my rant is done.

Saturday night was a big night for the gang.  We had about 30-35 of our friends together for Christian's birthday party.  It was a great feeling having all of my friends in one place finally. The night started with some pizza and drinks for the boys, and then quickly turned into a full-out party.  It was a big middle finger to school and work for a night, and we all decided to party like it was 1999.  Being with everybody let me forget about the thousands of words I had to write for a brief moment, and allowed me to remember part of being here is to have fun as well.

Sunday was an amazing day of recovery and homework.  Maybe amazing is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.  Monday was a lost day and I don't even remember what I did that day so there.  Tuesday and yesterday were awful days for me.  I was buried with work, and made a nice ass dent in the chairs of the editing studio.  Both nights I was bunkered in the studio (it has no windows or clocks) until about 2-3 am.  I actually took a nap yesterday from 5-9 in preparation for a long night.

Today it rained literally ALL DAY!!!!  I tried to remember a time since I have been here that I didn't see the sun for some portion of the day and I couldn't.  I guess this is some higher power telling me to stay inside and get my work done.  With final exams coming next week, it is probably best I don't have the lure of surfing, skim boarding, or going to the pool tugging on my procrastination orientated mind, but seriously rain all day?

Well this is probably going to be my last post until the end of finals on Thursday.  Time to dig in and finish this semester up right.  Hope you are all doing well, and that spring might finally be reaching your neck of the woods.

Goodnight from the waterlogged, drenched, soaking wet Paradise.  But hey, it's still Paradise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment