Saturday, March 14, 2009

lazy sunday

Today is just one of those days I don't want to get out of bed.  Things are great and the weather is beautiful(nothing new) but my bed/room are just fine today.  We ended up winning Res Wars the other night.  My ankle held up until the very last minute of the championship game when i twisted it and hobbled off the court.  We won by 1 point, and I would have been extremely disappointed if we lost in the minute I left the game.  Once again I was robbed of the player of the night.  The referees actually chose me as the best performer, but somehow they were overruled, and one of my teammates won the award.  Once again, no big deal, but it would be nice to win it one of these days.

Thursday night brought Mardi Gras to Bond Uni.  Mardi Gras here is not what it is like in New Orleans I don't think.  Here, because it is illegal to have homosexual marriages, it is a gay pride festivity.  Everybody dressed up "gay" (which was actually pretty funny, but degrading at the same time) and had a crazy night.

Friday was Friday the 13th here in Australia and we thought we would be cool and watch scary movies.  The only problem with that was my friend who rented the movie rented the special features disk instead of the actual picture.  It took us a few minutes to figure this out, but once we had, the library was closed and we were out of luck.  Oh well.  We tried right.

Yesterday was a fun packed day.  I had a soccer game (we lost because our goalie is awful), went skim boarding for a few hours, and then went to see Gran Torino.  Clint Eastwood never ceases to amaze me with his acting and direction of motion pictures.  It was a really tough movie to watch, but worth the two hours needed to consume it.

That's it for now.  Not sure what the rest of the day holds, but for now, relaxing and doing some work are the only things on the table.  

No comments:

Post a Comment